Thermal Imaging Tech vs. Covid-19. A Medical Professor's View
Stephen MacKinnon, Professor of Haematology, University College London (UCL) shares his thoughts on Thermal Screening and Elevated Skin Temperature Monitoring as a control against Covid-19 Spread.
Professor Stephen sat down with our team to discuss the landscape around thermal imaging technology and its potential benefits in preventing the spread of Covid-19
Some of the questions asked include;
- So what are the main things to look out for when returning back to work?
- Can Thermal imaging be used to detect Covid-19?
- What the point of having Thermal imaging in a crowded place? Say shopping Mall’s Hotels, places of large people entry?
- What measures can a business take to reduce the spread of Covid-19 in a work place?
- What additional measures/ test’s should employers consider when re-introducing employees back to work?
- From a medical perspective, will the vaccine be here soon and will it solve this problem?
- Skin Temperature - does a persons skin temperature vary significantly from body temperature?